Miku restaurant

Miku restaurant. Location: Waterfront, Vancouver. Miku restaurant is a whole new level of Japanese cuisine. Their menu is modern, unique and fresh, as they take advantage of the fresh local seafood the West Coast has to offer. My favourite feature about Miku is how they showcase and present Vancouver's local seafood in their dishes, with such style and professionalism. The first time I went to Miku was for my birthday, I was impressed with everything from the food to the service and the gorgeous view of Waterfront. For the appetizers I ordered the Aburi Beef Carpaccio which took my breath away (totally recommend). The presentation was spectacular and the flavours were perfectly paired together. I also ordered the Coal Harbour Platter, which beautifully showcased that great local seafood. You could tell right away that the seafood was fresh and well prepared. The diverse assortment of the oysters, mussels, prawns, clams, kaisen poke, octopus ceviche and the kale goma-ae wowed my tastebuds. The sushi on the other hand was excellent, as it just melted in your mouth. The quality ingredients used to compose each and every sushi creation was phenomenal.



As for the rest of my dining experience at Miku, I would say they treated my guests and I very well, as we finished off the meal with their "Green Tea Opera" which composed of a matcha butter cream, dark chocolate ganache, azuki bean cream, hazelnut wafer and matcha ice cream (and a Happy Bday written in chocalate ganache cus we gotta celebrate, am I right?!). Overall the service was exceptional, the ambiance was lively and pleasant, but the view of Waterfront just made everything even better. Miku is definitely one of my favourite upscale Japanese restaurants. Hope you can give it a try and experience a whole new world of Japanese cuisine.


Ratings out of  5

Service: 5

Ambiance: 4

Food: 5

Comments

Popular Posts