Bufala

Bufala pizza. Location: Kerrisdale, Vancouver.  Bufala pizza is a family favourite in my house. The pizza is freshly made on the spot, you can even sit at the counter and watch the beautiful art of authentic pizza in the making. Bufala has a lovely selection of pizza's ranging from your classic Margherita to the "Funghi" which is personally my favourite pizza on the menu. The Funghi consists of roasted mushrooms, goat cheese, watercress and pecorino tartufo (a sheep's milk cheese with specs of black and white truffles). I also reccommend their bison carpaccio topped with grand padano, arugala aioli, pine nuts, smoked onions and pickled tomatos.














Bufala may have mouth-watering pizza's, but their salads are absolutely scrumptious! My family and I ordered the beet salad which consisted of salt-baked golden and purple beets, arugula, ricotta and cucumber, as well as the kale caesar salad constructed of green and purple kale, grant padano, anchovy, bacon and salt-cured egg yolk. I fell inlove with the presentation of the beet salad, as it show cased the vibrant colours of the beets and the cute ringlets of cucumber. The ingredients in the beet salad married perfectly together in your mouth, as the creamy goat cheese complimented the flavour of the beets. As for the kale salad, I was plesantly surprised by the egg yolk incorporated in to it. The egg yolk added a smooth, creamy texture to the dish and totally re-invented the way I percieved a kale salad. If you like eggs in your salad, then this is another approach to it for sure!














Overall, Bufala is a family oriented restaurant with a great selection of dishes. The atmosphere is inviting and its a great place to share a bite with family and friends. The cost is reasonable and the food is so worth it. Bufala has my family and I coming back for more. I hope you can give it a try and experience their wonderful Italian inspired creations.

 Ratings out of 5

Ambiance: 4

Service: 4

Food: 5






















.

Comments

Popular Posts